Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lamaze Class #1

Last night was our first Lamaze class, we go for 6 weeks straight. I was nervous and excited at the same time-hoping to meet people in our same situation. There were lots of comment made and lots of ideas given. I'm glad to have enrolled and paid $74 for this 6 week class. I feel it will get Brandon and I ready - I want to know everything, all the possibilities that could happen with labor. I know this class will also help Brandon know what I'm going through and know that I need his help every step of the way. Now there is homework, we have to read the Lamaze magazine, practice breathing, and practice relaxing. I know I can do the last two things :) So here are a few facts I learned:

11 Best foods to eat

  • Oatmeal
  • Oranges
  • Strawberries
  • Cantaloupe
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Beans
  • Whole Grains (3 grams of fiber or more!)
  • Dairy
  • Blueberries
  • Broccoli
  • Spinach

Also, did you know......

  • The National Average age for breastfeeding is 2 years old (America's bring it way down!)
  • Michael Jordan was breastfed until he was 4 years old
  • Mother knows best!
  • They used to sedate women to have babies (who knows if you were getting the right baby)
  • The shows on TLC are drama, normal labor/birth is boring (they want to keep us watching).

Wish me luck on my journey, 12 more weeks until our baby girl comes! If anyone has any tips or suggestions I will gladly take them.

2 comments:

  1. Bekah!
    This was a beautiful post... wow. I am so proud of you, from the bottom of my heart. I love that you are finding out your options instead of just doing what your Dr. tells you to do... and when.

    You are a wonderful Mother. Everything you are doing will pay off when it comes time for Labor and Delivery. You CAN go natural... and it's just so awesome that you're taking these classes! I can't wait to hear more of what you learn.

    Did you know that being on your back isn't the best position to deliver in? I didn't know that until a few years ago... there is so much out there to learn! Being on your knees is a much more natural way.. there are so many options!!!

    I love you, girl!
    R~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, PS! Cute ticker! Now I can count down with you!!!

    ReplyDelete